Alpine Epic 2023 - Oregon XC Series Race #6
ALPINE EPIC 2023 Oregon XC Series Race #6 | June 10, 2023
ONLINE REGISTRATION OPEN!
Discover singletrack paradise at the Alpine Epic - an XC mountain bike endurance legacy race brought to you by Cascade Cream Puff as a fundraiser for the Oakridge Trails Alliance!
Featuring world class, pristine singletrack on a 50, 25 or 15 mile course on the Alpine Trail network, also known as the “crown jewel” mountain bike destination in Oakridge! This race winds through open beargrass meadows, stunning vistas and old growth groves, showcasing unsurpassed wildflower displays and lush green carpets of PNW rainforests.
The course will feature the classic 50-Mile Cascade Cream Puff legacy loop, including the North Alpine, Tire Mountain and Cloverpatch trail segments. The 25-Mile "long course" Oregon XC Series option follows the same road climb up 1910, but will route participants down Alpine "proper" from the trail entry at Kate's Cut-in, on the main trail system. The 15-Mile "short course" Oregon XC Series option will cut in from the initial gravel road climb on 1910 at 683, and riders will jump on singletrack above Buckhead Shelter and dive into the lower Alpine trail to the finish.
Besides covering the overhead of running a great race in a backcountry wilderness setting, proceeds from the Alpine Epic will support thousands of volunteer hours on Middle Fork Willamette trails, including the construction of two new bridges on Tire Mountain, a 4.5 mile trail extension on Cloverpatch (eliminating a 3.5 mile gravel road climb), along with routine maintenance and future expansions on the North Fork Trail. Your proceeds also benefit educational programs, such as sawyer safety and trail design classes, and forest wide partnership under Oakridge Trails Alliance (formerly Alpine Trail Crew Assn.), USFS, and Cascade Volunteers.
WHY SHOULD YOU RACE THE ALPINE EPIC?
So besides experiencing Oakridge's internationally renowned #singletrackparadise and knowing your participation has the added benefit of contributing to improved access and experiences for all trail users in the Willamette National Forest - why should you race this event?
- If you are part of the 2023 Oregon XC Series, your participation in the 25 or 15 mile course options will qualify you for the Oregon Series Championship cash purse. Please see more at https://oregonxcseries.org/.
- Amazing Aid Station Support – well-stocked rest stops with hydration, gels and treats to fuel your way up or down the course!
- Mechanic Support - featuring some of the best fixer-uppers this side of the West Coast.
- Professional Timing, Communications and Emergency Support – Provided by Eclectic Edge Racing, Valley Radio Club W7PXL and qualiied first responder volunteers from our local area.
- Custom awards and CASH PURSE for top overall men's and women's finishers in the 15/25/50-mile race.
- BEER! Alpine Trail Pale Ale provided courtesy of Plank Town Brewing for the Alpine Trail Crew Association (21 and older only).
- $10 Meal ticket for use at participating Oakridge area restaurants.
- The best singletrack endurance racing experience of your life!
The Alpine Trail Network is world class, and begins and ends right from our staging area. We hope you'll love our trails as much as we do!
ALPINE EPIC RACE SCHEDULE
Pre-Registration Packet Pickup, June 9, 2023
12-4PM | Alpine Epic Earlybird Race Packet Pickup at Willamette Mountain Mercantile/Oakridge Bike Shop, located at 48080 Hwy. 58 in Oakridge proper.
Alpine Epic Race Day, Saturday, June 10, 2023
7-9:30AM | Registration Packet Pick-up at the Westir Portal Park - 001 N. Fork Road, Westfir, OR 97462 (please check in at least 30 minutes prior to your start time).
8AM | 50-mile Rider Safety Meeting
8:30AM | 50-mile Mass Neutral Race Start
9AM | 25-mile Rider Safety Meeting
9:30AM | 25-mile Alpine Epic Mass Neutral Race Start (OR XC Series long course)
10AM | 15-mile Rider Safety Meeting
10:30AM | 15-mile Alpine Epic Mass Neutral Race Start (OR XC Series short course)
1PM | 15-Mile Awards Ceremony
2PM | 25 Mile Awards Ceremony
4PM | 50 Mile Awards Ceremony
- NO TRANSFERS OR REFUNDS.
- THIS IS THE LAST YEAR FOR CARRYOVER TRANSFERS.
- In the case of an "Act of God" cancellation due to unforeseen disasters such as flood, fire, or heavy precipitation, the race will be rescheduled to July 1, 2023.
- Limited space available based on Forest Service permit requirements.
OBRA annual membership pricing:
WE ARE PROUD TO PART OF THE 2023 OREGON XC SERIES!
Please consider registering for one of the very best race series experiences in the Pacific Northwest! More information at: oregonxcseries.org.