Due to Covid 19 registration IS CLOSED for the Alpine Epic 2020.
The Alpine Trail Crew Association is proud to announce our new partnership with the 2020 Oregon XC Series!
Discover singletrack paradise at the Alpine Epic - an XC mountain bike endurance legacy race brought to you by Cascade Cream Puff and the Alpine Trail Crew Association - featuring world class, pristine singletrack on a 50, 25 or 15 mile course on the Alpine Trail system, also known as the “crown jewel” mountain bike destination in Oakridge! This race winds through open beargrass meadows, stunning vistas and old growth groves, showcasing unsurpassed wildflower displays and lush green carpets of PNW rainforests. Along the way, enjoy well-stocked aid stations featuring a veritable smorgasbord of your favorite race treats, and some original gourmet surprises!
The course will feature the classic 50-Mile "Fritter" legacy loop from the Cascade Cream Puff - including the North Alpine, Tire Mountain and Cloverpatch sections. The 25-Mile "long course" Oregon XC Series option follows the same road climb up 1910, but will route participants down Alpine "proper" from the trail entry at Kate's Cut-in, and straight down Alpine. The 15-Mile "short course" Oregon XC Series option will cut in from the initial gravel road climb on 1910 at 683, and riders will jump on singletrack above Buckhead Shelter and dive into lower Alpine trail to the finish.
All course maps and elevation can be viewed on Trailforks - click the link in the previous sentence and use the menu on the left side of the page to navigate each route.
Please note that the 50-Mile "legacy course" is a STAND ALONE race option and does NOT qualify as an event toward the Oregon XC Series! Categories will be different from those of the Oregon XC Series long (25) and short (15) courses. Although we will do our best to provide a heads-up, course routes and exact start times are subject to change without notice based on safety considerations. Exact mileage may vary depending on GPS and mapping software used to determine course routes.
WHERE DO MY REGISTRATION FEES GO?
Besides covering the overhead of running a great race in a backcountry wilderness setting, proceeds from the Alpine Epic will support thousands of volunteer hours on Middle Fork Willamette trails, including the construction of two new bridges on Tire Mountain, a 4.5 mile trail extension on Cloverpatch (eliminating a 3.5 mile gravel road climb), along with routine maintenance and future expansion on the North Fork Trail. Your proceeds also benefit educational programs, such as USFS beginner sawyer and trail design classes, and presentations at the Oregon Recreational and Trails Summits this year.
WHERE CAN I BUY A COMMEMORATIVE TEE? Right here! All t-shirt proceeds are going right back into the new 4.5 mile singletrack connection on Cloverpatch, which will effectively eliminate all road climbs in this segment! Help us raise money for this trail - buy an extra shirt or two today! Shipping available.
WHY SHOULD YOU RACE THE ALPINE EPIC?
So besides experiencing internationally-renowned #singletrackparadise and knowing your participation has the added benefit of contributing to improved access and experiences for all trail users in the Willamette National Forest - why should you race this event?
• Amazing Aid Station Support – well-stocked rest stops with energy drinks, gels and a veritable smorgasbord of your favorite race treats. As a bonus, Disciples of Dirt and “Master Chef Dungy” team up at our midway aid station with a delicious short order lunch - your choice of ingredients (whatever’s on the menu – every year, it’s a surprise…).
• World Class Mechanics - featuring some of the best fixer-uppers this side of the West Coast from Willamette Mountain Mercantile/Oakridge Bike Shop, Ding Ding Cycles, and Life Cycle Bike Shop!
• Professional Communications and Emergency Support – Provided by Lane County Amateur Radio Operators and Lane County Search & Rescue Special Vehicles Group.
• Free t-shirts for 50-mile participants only! However, all participants, volunteers and spectators will have the option to purchase a commemortive t-shirt prior to the race - ORDER YOURS HERE.
• Prize table for top finishers in each category - choose what you can use - from bike parts to apparel, tools, gizmos, and other good stuff!
• Recognition ceremony, including handmade awards and locally-designed trophies for top overall men's and women's finishers in the 50-mile race.
• BEER! Alpine Trail Pale Ale provided courtesy of Plank Town Brewing for the Alpine Trail Crew Association.
• The best singletrack endurance racing experience of your life!
Friday, June 19, 2020: 12-4PM at Willamette Mountain Mercantile, 48080 Hwy. 58 in Oakridge, OR / Early Registration Check-in and Packet Pick-up
7-8:30AM - Registration Check-in and Packet Pick-up
8:30AM - Rider Safety Meeting (all)
9AM - 50-Mile Alpine Epic start
9:30AM - 25-Mile Alpine Epic start (OR XC Series long course)
10:00AM - 15-Mile Alpine Epic start (OR XC Series short course)
(Please note exact start times may vary based on safety considerations.)
12PM - Post race meals and beverage service will be open for participants and spectators
1PM - 15-Mile Awards Ceremony
2PM - 25 Mile Awards Ceremony
4PM - 50 Mile Awards Ceremony
(Please note exact times for awards may vary based on start times and results.)
USAC / OBRA LICENSE NUMBERS ARE A MUST! Please bring with you, or plan to purchase an OBRA day license to race. OBRA one day licenses will be availalbe on race day for $5. Elite categories may require an upgrade or prior approval from OBRA or a current USAC Pro License - please review which category to sign up for at https://oregonxcseries.org/series-categories/. Pricing will increase $25 for on-site registration – so save yourself a few bucks and register today.